Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Just Think It's SAD

I thought I should change my title to how I really feel... I don't even really know what to say other then Iam just SO SAD about this... I know that the only thing we can to is email HBO and let them know that this time they went to far...

PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!Many of you may have heard of HBO's television show, Big Love. It came out a couple of years ago, and it shows polygamous families. When it first came out, the church came out with a strong statement against Big Love and Polygamy. You can see the statement here:http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/church-responds-to-questions-on-hbo-s-big-loveHowever, as if the polygamy weren't bad enough, HBO has taken their unscrupulousness to new heights.On Sunday, March 15, 2009, HBO will be airing a segment of their Big Love series that will show individuals dressed in full temple clothing (you can see the picture right in the TV guide itself), and they are planning on recreating the temple ordinances on public television. They have an ex-member of the church that is helping them make this ceremony as authentic as possible (you can see even from the pictures they have posted how closely they have replicated the clothing).Please help stop HBO from airing such an offensive show! You can go to the link below to submit a comment to HBO.http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=GeneralInformation&questiontype=generalInformation&questiontype=generalIt's imperative that we get as many people to voice their complaints as possible before HBO airs the show. Please pass this information on to as many people as you can!Here is a photo from the episodehttp://students.washington.edu/secular/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/big-love-to-show-mormon-ceremony.pdfThe church also issued a statement about this episode today, that link is below:http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma

No comments: