
At the age of 14, Joseph Smith felt a great desire to know which church to join. While reading the Bible, he came across James 1:5-"If any of you lack wisdom,let him ask of God." After much reflection, Joseph decided to do as James directed. On a beautiful spring morning in 1820 he went to a nearby grove of trees to pray. In response to his prayer, God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, appeared to Joseph and directed him to join no church that was established, but instead to wait for futher direction in the restoration of Christ's Church. This to me was the most sacred and meaningful site. When I think of what Joseph said "I had a vision;I knew it,and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it,neither dared I do it." I myself can not deny the feelings I felt as I sat to ponder in the Sacred Grove. What a wonderful moment that was for me to witness of the truthfulness of this gospel. That one memory will never be forgotten in all my life here on earth. I am so thankful to this 14 yr old boy who had a vision who all the time after this vision suffered severe persecution at the hands of all class of men, did continue to affirm that he had seen a vision.
No comments:
Post a Comment