
That is what happened this morning when I drove the kids to school... I left my house and got to the stop sign when I decided to drive a different way and as I drove to the next block in a half and saw someone in the road sitting up but not getting up... I waited for a two cars to pass and decided to pull over because I couldn't tell if it was a child or not... I got out of my car and then could tell it was an elderly lady in her 70s or 80s... She was so tiny she reminded me of my grandma Metzger... I said honey are you OK and she said no I fell some how... I really don't remember what happened... She turned and looked at me and her head, nose, and lips were bleeding... I helped her clean her face and got her in my car and drove her to her house to make sure she got home safely and got the help from her family she needed... I was in shock at how I watched the cars just drive passed this poor lady and no one stopped to help her... I am so GRATEFUL that I could listen to that still small voice and drive a different way so that I was at the right place at the right time to help Sister Page... I think we need to make sure that we slow down and take the time to be a where of what and who are around us so that we aren't the ones who drive past those who are in need of our help... Another one of his TENDER MERCIES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment